The Ecology Consultancy is a successful specialist consultancy with offices in London, Sussex and East Anglia. We have developed a reputation for delivering objective, high quality work to clients in the private, public and voluntary sectors. We operate to the highest professional standards within a non-corporate, friendly and supportive office environment. Our independence is a key element of our business philosophy and success.
Our principal areas of work are as follows:
• Habitat surveys – including Phase 1, extended Phase 1, Phase 2 and River Corridor Surveys.
• Vegetation surveys – including National Vegetation Classification.
• Protected species surveys – great crested newts, reptiles, bats, water voles, otters, badgers etc.
• Fauna surveys, including terrestrial and aquatic invertebrates, birds and mammals.
• Ecological Assessment, including the design of mitigation measures for any identified impacts.
• Preparation of site management plans and involvement with design and construction issues.
• Undertaking ecological watching briefs and Clerk of Works roles for contractors.
• Training in ecological issues and procedures.
• Preparation of information and guidance materials.
• Research on wildlife issues.
• Expert witness role at Public Inquiries.