The national organisation for the development and support of independent film exhibition in the UK. We exist to bring a wider range of films to a wider range of audiences.
Our primary aims are to:
- Promote diversity in exhibition content, audience and location.
- Develop a culturally-led approach to an economically sustainable independent exhibition sector.
- Provide access to industry leading exhibitor training.
Our main activities are:
- Film booking and programming for cinemas
- Training and events for cinemas, festivals and film society staff
- Distribution of films that would not otherwise find an audience
- Consultancy and providing advice
- Developing audiences for world cinema and artists’ film
In the last 9 years 87% of the film exhibition sector has engaged with at least one of the ICO’s services.