Basti Ram is a UK registered charity (no. 1137644) who provide ordinary people with the opportunity to experience a culture a world away from their own, to broaden horizons and to stimulate self-development. We promote learning opportunities in underprivileged communities, by encouraging good educational outcomes, healthy lifestyles and inspiring the confidence in people to build their own brighter futures.
1) To prevent and relieve poverty.
2) To advance educational outcomes & improve health care in disadvantaged communities in India and the UK through self-development.
3) To advance citizenship & community development in India and the UK through the promotion of self-development and cross cultural learning opportunities.
1) Raising awareness of the communities we work with in India.
2) Skill and training based projects in the UK.
3) International volunteering.